Literally: S//S is pronounced "S", "S". The slashes just mean that the letter "S" stands for lots of things on our site like Sell, Shop, Swap, Sellers, Secure etc.
S//S is a marketplace that makes it easy to buy and sell beauty products from other beauty lovers.
It's the only dedicated marketplace to makeup, beauty, and other items from subscription boxes.
As a S//Shopper it's easy to search for what you're looking for, add items to your cart, and checkout in a single transaction. If what you're looking for isn't available for sale at the moment, you can list it as an "In Search Of" aka ISO and as soon as someone posts one for sale or swap, they'll be alerted that you are looking for that item.
As a S//Seller it's easy to list items you have available for sale
If you're interested in S//Swapping for something you want, all you have to do is include #swapWant as one of your tags in your ISO listing.
If you're open to S//Swapping something you have, all you have to do is include #swapHave in your listing.
Membership is all yours for the low, low price of $0.
- Listing is free
- Stripe takes a transaction fee of 2.99%
- S//S takes a commission of 5% (so, we can continue to provide exceptional customer service)
At the moment only current residents of the US may join S//S. A Canadian version of the marketplace will be launching soon
All prices are in USD.
S//Secure is our in-house buyer protection program. If what you purchased arrives and does not match what was described, you will get your money-back. Discrepancies must be reported within 3 days of delivery.
- When we moved our site over from the previous version to this one, in order to get the big upgrades in functionality, we had to let PayPal go. From the techy-codey-side, PayPal just doesn't have as seamless of a solution for the user experience. For example, before if you wanted to buy multiple items from someone, you would have to pay for each item as a seperate transaction. Now, you can add everything into your cart and checkout in one go.
- To cover the buyer/seller protection that many of you liked about PayPal, S//S has introduced our own money-back protection. If what you received is not what was described, you'll get refunded. You just have to report it within 3 days of receiving the item.
- Additionally, for buyer/seller peace of mind, we have an improved reviews system. You will be able to see reviews on the item page, so you decide whether or not you would like to transact with the seller without leaving the page.
- Reintroducing PayPal is definitely something we're going to look into for the future because we know that many of you are most comfortable with PayPal. We've done a lot of research and if we weren't confident that Stripe was the way to go we wouldn't have done it.